Ghana Revenue Authority Co-Operative Credit Union, (Graccu)
The Ghana Revenue Authority Co-operative Credit Union (GRACCU) was founded in June 1997 with just 80 members from the then Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Co-operative Union. Currently, the Union has over 4,705 members representing about more than half of the total population of GRA.
With a modest beginning of GH¢170.00 as total contribution comprising members savings, payment of shares and registration fees, the assets of the Union have grown to GH¢1.2million with a monthly deduction of GH¢105,000.00 of total staff savings. There is a wide range of investment products for members to choose from. The following varieties of savings products are available to members:
• The GRACCU Savings / Current Account
• The GRACCU Fixed Deposit Account
• Guarantee Deposit Account (GDA)
Loan packages also available to members include:
• Personal loans
• Education loans
• Housing loans
• Trade / Business loans
• Emergency loans
GRACCU assists members to purchase household commodities such as laptops, furniture, fridges, washing machines and even mobile phones on hire purchase. The Union has emergency loan packages for members in very extreme cases which are tied to some terms and conditions.
The total assets of GRACCU as at June 2015 amounts to GH¢37,275,001.00. A nine member board of directors is charged with the responsibility of overseeing the management of activities as well as recommend policy decisions, fund mobilization amongst others to effectively run the Union. The executive members are Godwin Aaron Monyo (Chirman), Richard Kwashie (Vice Chairman), Edward Kwaku Appiah (Treasurer), Mrs. Winnifred Adu- Brobby (Member), Kwasi Essien (Member), William Okyere (Member), and Mrs. Doris Gyepi- Garbrah (Secretary).
The current staff strength of GRACCU 12 officers who work at various departments within the Union.
• Integration and rebranding of the GRA credit union to embrace all staff
• Automation of information / data and expansion of GRACCU head office
• Increase in membership from 1,345 to 4,705 within 4 years
• Participation in WOCCU and ACCOSCA conferences (World Conference of Credit Unions, African Confederation)
• Introduction of new financial packages to staff such as;
Housing and landed property loans
Hire purchase loans
Auto / car loan
Guaranteed Deposit Accounts
Fixed deposits etc.
• GRACCU branded cloth for members