Do you have an idea what cannot be imported?
These are goods which cannot be imported into Ghana. They include the following:
- Used mattresses
- Used refrigerators and air conditioners
- Used underwear
- Used sanitary wear
- Used vehicle cuts and tampered chassis
- Imported frozen tilapia fish
- Animals and carcasses infected with disease: Animals and carcasses infected with disease within the meaning of the Disease of Animals Act, 1961 (Act 83) or any part of such animals or carcasses
- Beads or inflammable celluloid: Beads composed of inflammable celluloid or other similar substances.
- Coffee, raw, imported overland: Raw coffee imported overland or by inland waterways
- Coin not up to standard: Coins in current use in any foreign country or any money purported to be such not being of the established standard in weight and fineness in accordance with the Currency Act, 1994 (Act 242)
- Contaminated food- Meat, vegetables, and other provisions declared by a Health Officer as unfit for human consumption
- Knuckle dusters
- Libellous and scandalous materials
- Base or counterfeit coin or counterfeit notes of any country
- Obscene or pornographic articles: Indecent or obscene prints, paintings, photographs, books, cards, lithographic or other engravings or any other indecent or obscene article
- Dangerous weapons: Flick knives and paper knives which in the opinion of the Minister of Interior are considered to be dangerous weapons.
- Goods prohibited by any law: All other goods, the importation of which is prohibited by any law in Ghana